Tackle Mental Health - Our New Scheme!
The Salford Red Devils Foundation are beginning a new scheme in the coming weeks. We are hoping to engage with males aged 30+ and 14-20 year olds across Salford. Please get in touch for anymore free advice and information.
Funded by Salford CVS (Salford ccg) to raise awareness;
- Spread the Tackle Mental Health message through our current database of contacts, match day programmes and social media networks i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Club website, Foundation website etc
- Work with commercial partners such as Costain, Bupa and BOC
- Engage 13 high schools in TMH assemblies over the academic year (year 10 and 11); Two assemblies delivered per month with at least 100 pupils present in each; School contact will last 4 hours – 1.5 hour assembly and focus group work, 1.5 hours practical coaching session as a medium to get TMH messages across.
- One off educational sessions delivered to the students of Salford City College and Salford University.
- One off educational sessions delivered to every community Rugby League club in Salford; Delivery on site and at community clubs.
- One off educational sessions at business partners; Delivery on site and at local businesses.
- Awareness sessions will take place at partner pubs and social venues.
- Provide an educational programme for beneficiaries to increase their skills and subsequently join SRDF’s Volunteer Development Programme.
- Working with local organisations such as Start in Salford, Salford NHS, Learn Direct and Age UK Salford, SRDF aim to engage and enhance the lives of Males aged 14+. Through the delivery of our BTEC, Back to Work and NEET programmes we will be able to work with males at vulnerable stages in their lives when mental health issues may arise from external factors such as leaving school, peer pressures, career choices etc.
- We aim to break down barriers faced by males aged 50+ by marketing TMH as part of our Professional Rugby services. This will be done by utilising activities traditionally perceived to be more masculine in their nature, such as rugby with focus on a social element.